Thursday, March 22, 2007

Money v/s Relationship

On to hsbc again....

The other day I get this call from hsbc. The voice at the other end started without any warning whatsoever, “I am Arvind calling on behalf of hsbc bank. I am your new Relationship Manager …blah.. some more blah.. we will arrange for someone to come and speak with you”. HSBC knows I have relationship problems? How? From my bank account?!! Come to think of it, I have a balance of about 76 rupees and fifty paise. That must give it away, I guess. “Ya sure…”, i said. The next thing I know is that I have an appointment scheduled for next week!!!

During this week and all of last week, I have spent a lot of time and frustration trying to get a grip on my investments and finances. I am really no good at it. Sifting through all those papers, which look seemingly unimportant on the face of it, I have unearthed some money that i should already have claimed in the years gone by. But not all's lost...I can still claim it. Which means my bank account is gonna get a shine! But now I am scared. Scared that I may not get the relationship manager after all:( Now that I'll have a lot of money HSBC will probably guess that I don't have relationship problems after all!!!!

Damn! I don't want all this money. I want a relationship! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

:-)

1 comment:

Getting Lighter said...

Babe your blog totally rocks okay!!!