Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Addicted!



I am addicted to the rain:

the melancholic intoxication of -
the conspiring air;
the flickering lightning;
the ravening rumbling thunder;
the soft grey sky;
the sweet hard raindrops
on the needy earth;

As I stand by and experience:

the heightened feeling -
of water caressing my body,
soaking my bones,
washing away my problems and
cleansing my soul;
of cold black night;
of dark denial;
of being someone else
in some other world;

I want to be free, I so want to be free...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somewhat depressing somewhat beautiful

bhootatmidnight said...

wonderful! u seem to be in touch with mother nature!
takes me back to my childhood. water was a precious commodity, a basic survival need; unlike mumbai. first rain would bring smell of MITTI that cant be replaced with any perfume. joy on farmers' faces was a sight to behold!